Body Piercing Aftercare Instructions
WASH YOUR HANDS!
thoroughly prior to cleaning, or touching on OR NEAR your piercing for any reason.
Spray your H2Ocean
aftercare onto a Q-tip or directly onto the piercing and allow to dry naturally.
Repeat 3-4 times a day.
Leave jewellery in at all times. Even old well-healed piercings can shrink or close in minutes after having been there for years! If removed re-insertions can be difficult.
- Avoid trauma such as friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, playing with the jewellery and vigorous cleaning. These activities can cause the formation of unsightly and uncomfortable scar tissue, migration, prolonged healing and other complication.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, bedadine, hibiclean or ointment.
- Avoid over cleaning. This can delay your healing and irritate your piercing.
- Avoid all oral contact, rough play and contact with others bodily fluids on or near your piercing.
- Avoid stress and recreational drug use including excessive caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
- Avoid submerging the piercing in bodies of water such as lakes, pools, Jacuzzi, etc.
- Avoid all beauty and personal care products on or around the piercing including cosmetics. Lotions and sprays etc.
Oral Piercing Aftercare Instructions
Rinse mouth 4-5 times daily with H2Ocean
cleaning solution for 30-60 seconds after meals and at bedtime during the entire healing period.
Over cleaning may cause discoloration or irritation of tongue
Avoid eating spicy, salty, acidic or hot temperature foods or beverages for a few days. Cold foods and beverages
are soothing and help reduce swelling. For tongue piercing try to keep your tongue level in your mouth as your
chew and swallow. For labret (cheek and lip) piercings: Be cautious about opening your mouth too wide as this can result
in the backing of the jewellery catching on the teeth.
What is Normal?
Initially: some bleeding, localized swelling, tenderness, or bruising.
During Healing: some discoloration, itching & secretions of whitish-yellow fluid (not puss) that will form some crust on the jewellery.
Once Healed: the jewellery may not move freely in the piercing: DO NOT
force it! If you fail to include cleaning your piercing as a part of your daily hygiene routine, normal but smelly bodily secretions may accumulate.
A piercing may seem healed before healing is complete. This is because piercings heal from the outside in, and although it feels healed, the tissue remains fragile on the inside. BE PATIENT
, and keep cleaning throughout the healing period.
Longer Jewellery was used to accommodate for the possible swelling of your new piercing . Once the swelling has subsided, you may choose to replace the original, longer jewellery with a shorter post.
With clean hands or paper product, be sure to regularly check threaded ends on your jewellery for tightness (Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey)
Should you decide you no longer want the piercing, continue cleaning the piercing until the hole has closed. In most cases only a small indentation will remain